Overview – Edgecore AS5835-54X
The Edgecore AS5835-54X whitebox switch is designed for carrier and enterprise aggregation and data center Top of Rack. The AS5835-54X is an ideal solution for traditional three-tier aggregation or core and folded-Clos architectures, serving with no oversubscription. The AS5835-54X switch is packed with features that bring high availability, comprehensive security, robust multicast control, and advance QoS to network aggregation, while maintaining simple management.
The switch also supports the most advance IPv6 management, IPv6 security, and IPv6 multicast control in accordance with the growth of IPv6 deployment. ISPs can expand their services from home to business users by providing a more reliable and resilient network (ITU-T G.8032 ERPS), L2 VPNs, and advanced OAM (Operations, Administration, and Maintenance) functions to ensure service-level agreements.
- 6 x 40/100G QSFP28 ports
- 48 x 1/10 SFP+ ports
- Ideal as aggregation high-performance Gigabit access switch with 10 Gigabit uplinks, enterprise core switch, or Top of Rack switch
- 10 Gigabit Ethernet L2+/Lite L3 managed switch with 2.16 Tbps switching capacity. The switch delivers wire-speed switching performance on all 10 Gigabit and 100 Gigabit ports
- 6 built-in 100G QSFP28 ports provide up to 6 100Gbps high-speed and non-oversubscribed uplinks to core or spine switches, reducing bottlenecks and increasing the performance of the access network.
- The 100G QSFP28 ports provide flexibility for backward compatibility with 40G and allowing breakout to 4 x10G SFP+ ports.
- The 100G QSFP28 ports provide flexibility for breakout to 4 x 25G SFP28 ports
- Dual hot-swappable, load sharing power supplies ensures the reliability of the switch
- Hot-swappable 4+1 redundant fans ensures the reliability of the switch
- Temperature sensor for fan speed control to reduce noise and save energy