The Edgecore DCS500 is a Top-of-Rack (TOR) or spine switch for high-performance data centers. The switch provides line-rate L2 and L3 switching across the 64 x QSFP28 ports, each supporting 1 x 100 GbE or 1x 40 GbE, or via breakout cables 4 x 25 GbE or 4 x 10 GbE. The DCS500 can be deployed as a TOR switch supporting 10/25 GbE to servers with 40/100 GbE uplinks, or as a spine switch supporting 40/100 GbE spine interconnects. This open network switch is loaded with the Open Network Install Environment (ONIE), which supports the installation of compatible Network Operating System soſtware, including the open source options Open Network Linux and SONiC, plus commercial NOS offerings.
- Cost-effective, open network switch for data center fabric.
- 64 x QSFP28 switch ports, each supporting 1 x 100 GbE or 1 x 40 GbE, or via breakout cables 4 x 25 GbE or 4 x 10 GbE.
- Incorporates Broadcom StrataXGS Tomahawk II switch series silicon for non-blocking line rate performance.
- High performance Intel Xeon D-1518 CPU with optional BMC.
- 2 RU form factor.
- Supports hot/cold aisles with front-to-back and back-to-front airﬂow SKUs.
- All ports on front; PSUs and fans accessible from rear.
- Hot-swappable, load-sharing, redundant 850W PSUs.
- 3+1 redundant, hot-swappable fan modules.
- Hardware switch pre-loaded with Open Network Install Environment (ONIE) for automated loading of compatible open source and commerical NOS offerings.
- Compatible with Arrcus ArcOS
- Compatible with IP Infusion OcNOS™
- Compatible with Netscout Packet Flow Switch
- Compatible with Open Network Linux (ONL), the open-source, OCP reference NOS.
- Compatible with Pica8 Inc. PicOS™
- Compatible with Pluribus Networks Netvisor ONE Network operating system
- Supports the Redfish management API, now a requirement of the Open Compute Project.
- Compatible with SONiC open source network software.