Overview – Edgecore AS5912-54X
The Edgecore AS5912-54X whitebox router meets the high-performance, availability, and network-scaling requirements of cloud data centers and carrier access providers. The AGR100 provides switching at Layer 2 or Layer 3 across 48 x 10 G ports and 6 x 100 G uplinks. Therefore it can be deployed either as a top-of-rack switch, as part of a 100 G or 40 G distributed spine, forming a non-blocking folded-Clos data center fabric, or as a carrier access/aggregation router. It is rack mountable in a standard 19 inch rack.
The AGR100 hardware provides high-availability features, including; redundant, hot-swappable AC or -48 VDC PSUs; fans with 5+1 redundant fan modules; and front-to-back or back-to-front airflow options.
- 6 x 40/100G QSFP28 ports
- 48 x 1/10G SFP+ ports
- Cost-effective, data center top-of-rack and carrier access/aggregation switch.
- Rack mountable in standard 19″ racks.
- Hot-swappable, load sharing, redundant AC or -48 VDC PSUs.
- Hot swappable 5+1 redundant fan modules.
- Management: Ethernet and console RJ-45 ports.
- Hardware switch pre-loaded with Open Network Install Environment (ONIE) for automated loading of compatible open source and commercial NOS offerings:
- CapGemini SDvAS
- CGS COS
- Exaware ExaNOS
- Infinera CNOS
- IP Infusion OcNOS
- Open Network Linux (ONL)