Overview – UfiSpace S9501-18SMT
The UfiSpace S9501-18SMT is a lightweight and economic disaggregated cell site gateway (DCSG) that can aggregate both legacy and next-generation BBU data traffic. It also enables the deployment of open and disaggregated transport network services, while addressing the changing needs of the backhaul transport as telecoms make the transition from legacy technologies towards 5G New Radio (5G NR).
The UfiSpace S9501-18SMT is designed with high-speed interfaces (100M/1G serial RJ45, 1G SFP and 10G SFP+), timing synchronization interfaces (ToD, 1PPS and 10MHz) and BMC for remote monitoring and managing features. It is equipped with Broadcom’s Qumran-UX merchant silicon chip and provides 64GB switching capacity, 87.5Mpps packet throughput and 1GB deep packet buffer to accommodate the evolving cell site requirements of 5G services.
It is an OCP and TIP compliant open network white box solution that can support open standard NOS applications for flexibility in management, orchestration and feature expansions.
Furthermore, UfiSpace’s disaggregated cell site gateway routers are designed for outside plant installation, with temperature hardened case, front facing access and compact size to fit into smaller cabinets. Furthermore, the S9501-18SMT has hot-swappable power supplies and fan modules to provide convenience and lower the costs of maintenance.
- 6 x 1/10G SFP+ ports
- 8 x 100M/1G SFP ports
- 4 x 100M/1G RJ45 ports
- Class C timing accuracy
- Supports SyncE and IEEE 1588v2 (T-GM, T-BC/OC, T-TC, T-TSC)
- Integrated Stratum 3E OCXO with optional hold over performances
- Rich timing input/output interfaces: ToD, 1PPS and 10MHz
- Internal GNSS receiver for master clock implementations
- 1GB deep buﬀering
- BMC for remote monitoring and management
- 2 hot swappable power supplies with 1+1 redundancy support
- 3 hot swappable fan modules with 2+1 redundancy support
- 1 RU compact design with 302mm depth suitable for standard 19″ racks